Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Wet

"Has anyone any moisturiser please?"
"oh look, something's moving out of Brevig harbour"
The crowd look, look, everywhere but at the Great Swimmer - except one!
Just the latest in Swimwear - soon to be available at Bac Pharmacy alongside horselicks and asprin. Order yours now!
"Look, I have proof. If you don't finish soon, you'll be washing up for a month!"
The apparition in Broadbay

The ferry got me back, back from a penance in London and elsewhere. A wedding. You know the sort of thing; posh frocks, champagne, mansion house and idle chat. They were happy them who were married. Who ever they were. Eve knows them; related to them in fact. Oh, that means I'm related to them. You might even get to see them soon since I took a snap or two.

Was raining when we stepped ashore, raining at Carloway show that enjoyed our company and raining as I write this. And the peats are still out on t'moor.

The post had been while we were away. I got cards and all that since I am now a year older and all that. Today :-)

There was also some snaps I took of Paul, Sporty Paul from Bac pharmacy. He swam the bay you know. Took hours - and I waited two of those for him to arrive. And arrive he did in style with Mrs Bac Pharmacy threatening him from a boat that went out to meet him. A piper did what pipers do and loads of people where there to welcome him in. He was wet. And cold. But still, there was a man who smiled - and was vaguely familiar - who shook his hand. I think that's why Paul did the swim - or I might have dreamed that!!

Paul was brill - and raised loads of money for charity. Well done Sir.

The Minch next?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seem to have omitted to tell us avid readers how many birthdays you have celebrated...

Andrea Ingram said...

I was 18 last year. But time seems to have moved on exponentially!!!