Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Solstice; too many sacrifices

Dog, in plastic soup - probably

I felt the vibrations, I could hear the ringing although I wasn't sure if it was the power of the Callanish Stones or the power of the stoned - the Chemical Brothers blasting out the sound system and the ringing of the tinnitus in my ears. Still, there was a lovely Gandalf-like character with his Tibetan bells in among the camera flashes and bottles of sacrificial anaesthetic trying to raise a sense of the spiritual to the place. I watched quietly planning a few sacrifices of my own right there that night. The light was low but lovely, the midges stayed away and I came home to my bed and my sleeping meditation.

Whatever our beliefs I do think our human existence on earth is going need us to stop the madness that is the unsustainable mass over-consumption type of oil-fuelled capitalism that is ruining our fragile biosphere.
There, I've said it.
Peace.

1 comment:

gz said...

agreed.
Blessings Be.