Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Needle

We have a new needle - or hi-fi stylus as the purists might have it. We can now listen to Robert Wyatt, Hendrix, Cohen, Mahler et al without a muffled noise that was the case with the old needle. I call it a needle but looking at the old one now I notice it was more of a stub than anything.  Oh well, that explains everything.

Robert Wyatt's voice seems to have got better too :-)

The house of  Mrs 'Up Yours'.

See this 'ere image? I snapped it wif the Kodak Twin20 without so much as a by-you-leave as I passed. Today I disappeared into the darkroom that doubles as the bike shed and produced some prints on Silver Gelatin. That's the sort of person I am. Used Silverprint Proof matt paper and all. Came out nice eh? I shall shoot Mrs Up Yours too soon [wif the camera since you ask], stick 'er on a bit of paper [when me special lith chemicals arrive! ] and make 'er look 'interesting' and everything,. Miracles can happen :-).


Ooh, I am enjoying the sound of Mr Wyatt. And just cus your wonderin, the woman wif the trombone in the background of that vid is Annie Whitehead. There. 

4 comments:

Iain said...

Wyatt certainly has/had his moments. Tragically under-rated and disabled. I used to know an 'Annie Whitehead', can't help wondering if it's the saem one, from Sussex in late 1970s. I see she knew Humph, who I also knew. A small world, with music, I find!

gz said...

Good music.

Good photo too- I'm looking forward to seeing it for real...and Mrs.Up Yours as well!

Dorothy Ross MacIver said...

Ah, "The Crap Shack" how well it looks in your charming snap :)

Anonymous said...

Nothing is better than Rock Bottom on a good record player... :oD