Sunday, June 16, 2013

Cycling on Saturday

 The 'racers'

When I was a mere yoof, we used to look at some with fancy bikes and think "all the gear and no idea". It hasn't changed much though some now have bikes made from plastic with all the bells and whistles. Actually, no bells at all!!!! 


Take Eve for example; here lined up for the charity ride to Scaladale. A former world masters track cycling champion and still riding a lovely steel framed road bike - adorned with a bell. Eve rode down to the end of the event then back to Stornoway and then on to Tolsta. Eh? And smiled.


I was at home nursing my tooth but I did make the start with a little Olympus XA2.

Well done to all the riders and runners who took part in the event and raised money for a very worthwhile charity.

2 comments:

James Dyas Davidson said...

Wish I could find my XA2. Always enjoyed screwing the wee flash unit on. :-)

Ian said...

The only thing I cna agree with LA on, 'It's not about the bike' - A good cyclist can do it whatever they're riding ;-)