Monday, June 10, 2013

Muri


I like walls. You may have noticed that over time. I rather wish I had one here at home. There is a pastiche of a wall here - made of concrete the material so loved by Hebrideans - but not a proper wall made of stone of irregular shape interlocked with love and attention. That's the sort of wall I like. Maybe that's why I also like peat stacks.


How can you not love a wall like this? Eh. Would not be out of place exhibited in an Lanntair if you were asking me - which you are probably not. Found this whilst wandering in the lower slopes of the Dolomites. An area beset with vines and orchards. Lovely to see the land being worked.

BTW; this could be this island. It isn't but it should be.

1 comment:

Keith said...

. . very nice. Top one looks like an abstract layered landscape