Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday; I was going to introduce another Artist EH? Lena Kallberg.

No, I didn't make her name up. Mrs Kallberg lives in somewhere over the cold sea to the East. Sweden I think it is. I once went there for the day you know and didn't see anyone smoking a cigarette at all - which was a wonderful experience after the week or so I'd had in Danmark where they'll smoke your old grandmother given half a chance. And as for the Danes bus drivers............

The thing about the work of Lena is that it's wonderful. I particularly love her Lith prints made from negs from a Matchbox Pinhole camera. Yes, that's right, no expensive gigapixel here, no fancy Leica glass just an old matchbox, some gaffer tape and film. How much better does it get? Well, lith prints as well actually

motorbiker
By Lena Kallberg

See, I'm not leading you astray.

Go now and have a look at her Flickr stream. You'll be pleased that you did.


No comments: