Monday, August 12, 2013

Mad Stick Dog

I Like a bit of folk. That's why I hadn't been to a folk club in nearly 30 years! Memories of the Granary Folk Club in Briftol comes to mind where some erb was sick over my jumper I put on a seat. Pigsty Hill Light Orchestra was my fav at the time. Make that 40 years BTW :-(

Luckily Eve and I have some fine pals in Ham near The Thames stream who play tunes and what have you. They are, it has to be said, very enthusiastic - so much so that after our last visit and a few Irn Brues I was ready to buy an accordion - which I later did and it sits beside me gathering dust. It seemed so simple to play that day last year. I digress; Fluer and Gren of Mad Stick Dog -were off to a folk club at a nice old pub in Richmond so we went along. Well, what a lovely time we had. The music was excellent - as was the beer. I hardly thought to take a snap - but I did eventulally. With a badly focussed Zorki4 rangefinder and the J-12 and, fuji1600 donated by the venerable Mr Banting [ :-) ].

 Some dude on a steel guitar lit the evening up.




Gren and Fluer doing their thing.


And being entertained by a fine fellow boat owner in the bar downstairs. Oh what fun we had and not one finger in the ear all evening.


The only downside of the evening was missing this lady singer from Russia or somewhere out that way who came on the open mic evening after we had left - exhausted.

1 comment:

Fleur Whitlock said...

lovely!!!