Saturday, September 14, 2013

Just pretend it's Friday.

The week has got out of sync a bit. One of the bolts came loose and the days slipped around a little. Thursday came on quicker than normally is the case pushing Friday into and out of the lime light in such a quick time it was Saturday before I realised it. Sorry about that. I have re tightened the offending bolt.


By Katie Cooke.

So, here we have a fine pinholist of the artistic type whom I had the pleasure of meeting in her home of Edinburgh some time back. I play with pinhole cameras myself a bit. The holes are free, Leica has not got patent on those, the 'cameras' can be made of anything and you never quite know how things are going to come out - in my case anyway.

Not in the case of Katie Cooke though. See these lovely images eh? I particularly love the self-portraits. But, follow the link to Katie's new site and see all of her wonderful creations - well worth the time.

Another self-portraitist I loved was the wonderful Lauren Simonutti, sadly no longer with us. Have a look at her work all the same - large-format camera and dark-room made images including selective toning. Inspiring? Have a look at work here and here at the very least.

I will introduce you to the work of Mark Tweedie soon too - but here is not the time. I saw a print of his at the RPS print show in my home town of Bath a a few years back. Best print in show by far. And his pinhole still rocks.


3 comments:

Keith said...

Thanks for the inspiration - I've dusted off my 8 Banners Pinhole camera and I see I still have some film in it . . .

Andrea Ingram said...

Great stuff Keith. Glad to hear it. now expose it :-)
A

Lucy Telford said...

Katie Cooke, Lauren Simonutti (who was so kind, intelligent & funny) and Mark Tweedie - some of my favourite & inspiring photographers.

Thanks for sorting out that dodgy bolt, hate it when that happens.