Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Three peeps


I met three peeps on Monday. I meet more than three actually but it was three in particular that stuck in my little pea-sized brain. First up is  .......... no, forgot to ask his name but he does hail from Austria and held a Leica Monochrome with a certain amount of intention at the door of An Lanntair. We struck up a conversation - as I do on account of me hold holding a camera too - a proper film one and everything. Mr Austria had been doing a bit of surreptitious street photography so in turn I did a bit of obvious portraitising.


I'd been in supping coffee with the great Toots of Bac. I think he must have been for a perm or something. Then Mrs Toots came in, said hello and went  soon after - back to work I think. Lovely. I met Colyne and Colin here too among others.


Then I was accosted, nicely I might add, by the lovely Jean from England who has been following this blog for a year or three  for some reason. Had a roll of wool under her arm too. Perhaps just trying to blend in with the locals. Was lovely to meet her so I snapped her up with my newly acquired almost new 1937 German rf camera. I almost got her all in. Well, I was so very excited that someone knew who I am.

I must write it down before I forget again.

3 comments:

Michael McNeill said...

Great post. I'm sitting here trying to think of a suitable caption for the snap of that Toots fellow. He's definitely thinking something...

Eve said...

Probably wondering whether to order a bacon roll...

Roy Karlsvik said...

Three nice portraits you got there, Andrea.
1937 german rf sounds like something I would like to try some day as well. That monochrome thing is nice, but way to nice to actually buy. At least with my budget, that's for sure. Well... some would say I might have enough cameras already, but then you'll get the itch. At least I do, at times.