Saturday, January 20, 2018

Brovira



Ooh, I rather like Agfa Brovira for lith. Did this one the other day with Rollei Creative lith chems. There's something that lith prints have that I cannot quite put my finger on but makes them lovely.

There's a right covfefe kicking off up here at the moment regarding a small Sunday evening partial opening of the fabulous an Lanntair arts centre. An island blogger got off on one after some of the usual suspects starting pontificating about the issue. It's an old and on-going issue here with the Sabbitarians trying all they can to keep the place in the last century. Stirring up the issue like this does no-one any good in the end. I suspect the information is partial and possibly not entirely true but it's caused a right covfefe.

I am all for the right to believe what one wants, to go to church, mosque or gurdwara but I also believe in the right to go to the cinema or whatever. There, I have said it.

6 comments:

mbt said...

How right you are. As I understand it going to see Star Wars is not compulsory for the fine folks of Lewis so not sure why those of a religious persuasion should feel so wound up about it. Except they always do seem to have an objection to what many of us consider normal, acceptable or no one else's damn business.

Not my cup of tea as a film so I wouldn't go (assuming I was lucky enough to live on Lewis)

Hope all well with you both

Andrea Ingram said...

How lovely to hear from you. All is well here. Looking forward to catching up with you sometime.

Harvey said...

I love the look of lith and I love what you do with it. More please. Agfa did some lovely papers back in the day.
Religion has become the lowest common denominator in all that’s wrong in the world today. It’s disgusting that something that was supposedly invented for the good of all people has become the soap box for the vociferous few.

Andrea Ingram said...

Too true Harvey, too true

gz said...

(O)

Roy Karlsvik said...

A lovely print for sure! I got a few boxes of old Agfa Brovira paper as well inside the darkroom somewhere. I should get a new batch of lith chemicals and give it another try. The last time I went for it didn't see a good end result, but I might have a bit more luck next time?