Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Desperate


"How lovely" she told me as I dumped four hard-dug bags of ripe manure at her feet. Not anyold manure either but from The Crofter's place o'er t'road. There was not a hint of irony in her voice, not a hint of a smile either. Can't blame her I suppose. Its not as if I'd taken a box of Hebridean Chocs or something.

Woke up as if the weight of the world was bearing down on me. Despite the sunshine my head was somewhere dark, deep dark, dank dark - probably. So set off for a stroll down Glen Tolsta for a little meditation on the beach - quiet as you like down there. OOmmmmmmmm. and that sort of thing. Clearing my mind of detritus, work, elections and meditated on the incompatibility of the current economic system in a closed biosphere. as you do. As I do.

Then it was back up to The Croft to dig manure and take it across the village to she who is so nice.
I did get to bottle-feed a lamblette though and that brought me back to the world the right way up.

If you are passing St Kilda in the next three weeks, do wave to Coelyn who will be camping and snapping away. Hopefully the weather stays fine :-)

No comments: