Saturday, October 12, 2013

That's what happens when you have a lot of snaps; the darkroom work is rubbish. They call it 'sods law' for the technically minded.



The Graflex Baby Pacemaker camera came with us to Seil. It came via Fleur and the late Monty - for which I am mightily grateful. It's a lovely Press camera which looks really impressive and, takes some fine snaps if one points it in the right direction and all that sort of thing. I'd loaded it with the last of my Hp5 in honour of the day and set out onto the course of the Oban Sportive nearish the end so I could enjoy the riders suffering up the hills. Only I ended up going out to find a fallen rider who had also broken his bike. His handlebars had taken a right remodelling so I loaded the bike into the car, the rider into the front seat and took off to the finish.

I got back soon after and took these snaps - only to find Eve had fallen off too - hurt her arm and shoulder but continued anyway. As she does. Been to the Physio today as it happens as the shoulder is still crook..


Nice area innit? That's the road the riders slogged up after 80 miles or so. Several more after that before the finish as well. At least the sun was shining - unlike last years Ullapool sportive.


Look, I pointed it everything that didn't move. It is not a camera for dynamic stuff, rather it's best for posing. I do that well. Anyway, a few portraits of the near-Oban countryside for you.

Now, I need to go and sort out pile of wet useless paper in the darkroom :-(

3 comments:

Graham Edwards said...

HP5? My little brain did a bit of a lurch. Familiar. Wasn't that an Ilford 120 film? I didn't use much B&W once the sixties arrived but I did occasionally because I still had the old cameras.

Sorry to hear about Eve's mishap. Tell me: how did you find a physio so quickly without going via a GP and a 3-week+ wait?

Which brings me via a New Zealand thought process (where physios have independent practices like dentists do here) to your use of the word 'crook'. I've never heard it used outside of NZ and Oz before.

Feeling NZ homesick now.

Andrea Ingram said...

1. Hp5 is indeed Ilford.
2. Self-referral physio at the Hospital - open to all. [excellent NHS].
3. I worked with NZ cycling team during my time as coach at the Manchester Velodrome - and travelled with them to Berlin!
A
:-)

Graham Edwards said...

Thanks for the physio information. That can be crucial if my back goes out.

A coach in Mabchester (far far away down the other end of the East Lancashire Road from my birthplace). The things one learns. Berlin. One of my favourite cities. I used to spend a lot of time there.