Saturday, January 12, 2013

The day I snapped-up Mr Coelyne - and then started to take up the stair carpet. With the emphasis on 'started'.

I was accused of wasting film. But it was far from that. The hopefully resurrected Kiev60 'camera' was under test and I needed to shoot it. Sometime before the camera had decided to shoot only one frame and leave the others blank. That annoyed me so I played with it. Looked at it hard and everything - which included firing the shutter loads of times. That's how annoyed I was. Then I ran a test film through it and these 'erbs were in the way - at Lewis Photographica [continuing] coffee morning. That'll learn-em. Especially that Mr Coelyne of the The Coelynes. Didn't want his mush produced therein so flapped his patterned serviette in a threatening way in front of the Soviet lens. It made no difference, the light got into the camera all the same and here we have it!

Coelyne of The Coelynes

I think Mr Coelyne looks rather intriguing - or something. But Barbara of The  Coelynes looks serene here. As she always does but, I never yet been able to capture. Barbara knew this was 'the one' too. I was hoping it was. Eve says it is. And so do I.

Barbara - in thought

It is the one isn't it? Eh? Please tell me. Tell me it is - or isn't. I need to know. I think it is - it's the Soviet camera that does it - obviously.

We were at Toots' place - his wifey having left us to fend for ourselves whilst she enjoyed the wonderful light that came over the horizon this morning on a walk down towards Huisnish way. Still, we ate fruit and cake, drank coffee and ate more cake. And gossiped. That's what one does you know.

Toots was happy though. His dear wife Anne was coming back home this afters we would all soon be gone away home. I snapped him up too - in my best Cartier-Bresson portrait stylee - without the panache [or focus]. See.

Toots Wilson

There were other masterpieces on the roll of film - but I have not figured out which ones they are yet. I think the Soviets got this one right. When it works.


Please look at Mr Windy's blog NOW.

And I do still post over at Island Crofter don't you know!

1 comment:

John said...

Hmmm, I think that Barbara of The Coelynes is a nice picture, but for me, the image of Coelyne of The Coelynes is a photograph.
An artist (pens, pencils, brushes and paint sort of person) might do the Barbara image, but only a photographer would catch that directness in the Coelyne image.
So what happened to the stair carpet?