Saturday, October 11, 2008

Exhausted

"I could have been a fighter pilot"
Like Father, like Son
Sir. Smiling as usual
A Charming Tyre Worker
Our Jalopy has been making a few noises as of late. Since the exhaust pipe developed a leak some months ago I took it to Lewis Tyre and Exhaust place - as you do and Mr ExhaustMan patched it up for me. Charged me a very small fortune. So small that I thought he was joking. The patch lasted a couple of months but eventually, the Ford quality shone through and the thing almost fell off. So I took it upon myself to revisit these charming people in MaryBank in the Big Smoke of Stornoway. [only Stornoway has little smoke of note, the air being fresher than....... well fresh. Fresher than earlier on this week anyway when I had the pleasure of visiting Edinburgh for the day to be grilled for a job. I got a job and a brilliant half-hour in the Natioanl Scottish Portrait Gallery where there are some fine photographs. However, the air is not as fresh as Stornoway's. But fresher than Manchester I seem to recall - but if you want real objective data look here.].
Getting back The Exhaust, the smilling men of Lewis Tyre and Exhaust soon fitted a new bit and I paid up but not before I managed to bag a few snaps.

4 comments:

ßlϋeωãvε said...

You've really excelled with this series. Seriously. If the "could have been a fighter pilot" shot was on Flickr I'd fave that also - love his away gaze.

Driving around with a dodgy exhaust isn't much fun unless you like attracting attention in a boy racer style. I had to replace all of my car's exhaust last year.

Well done on the job! It's a shame more people don't visit the Portrait Gallery - interesting building as well as contents.

paulgrand said...

Love the fresh air report!
I must do one on our pollution from vine burnings..:-(

Anonymous said...

These pics have got me in trouble. Laughed openly in the library as I checked them out. Very comic.

Unknown said...

these are great pics. love the fact you got the garage men to pose!