Tuesday, December 08, 2009

What a morning!

On the way down.
Wish I'd brought a picnic breakfast

I took the day off from snapping up the Crofters and wrestled myself out of bed before the sun was up over the mainland mountains - which wasn't quite as easy as it might have been due in the main to late night working and driving round the island. Since my lovely KOWA six is back from having some tlc at Newton Ellis in Liverpool I took it out loaded with some Panf down the road on the track to the nearest beach.
The brisk walk in the cool breeze along with the camera and tripod soon brought me to my senses and I gazed out over the Minch with Stac Polly on the horizon. Using my usual guestimation I shot a couple of frames here before moving down to the picnic table to watch the sun finally show its face. The skies were wonderful and I rather wished I'd made a pot of coffee to take with me. Still, I'm so looking forward to a darkroom moment with these negs! Do I like this self-portrait? Yes I do. A bit.

No comments: