Friday, January 04, 2013

....and what bag do I require to carry my cameras? apart from me that is!

It seems to be the recurring question if one frequents the right/wrong forums. Take rangefinder forum for example; they have an interesting line in bag talk. Domke this, Billingham that. Vintage leather gas-mask bags and all. I was rather taken with the notion of a gas-mask bag but could not for the life of me find one Aladdin's Cave - our local emporium of consumer cheapness - apparently.

A wall is a wall [and I love walls] whatever bag the camera comes out of. 

Needless to say, I use whatever bag that comes to hand that being the big yellow thing at the moment. I can throw lots of things in there and not find them for weeks at a time. The Vivitar UW&S camera disappeared in there for months before it fell out one day while I was looking for my purse. I have a little purple bag too - and if I'm not mistaken that as actually made for a camera - but it fits the purse rather better. There there's the old Fuji bikes bag an old cycle-team sponsor gave me - and the back-pack - both lurking somewhere around the place loaded with a camera or two, a few rolls of film and a broken filter. Probably.


The bug I have been fighting o'er the holiday period seems reluctant to leave me at the moment and sadly I had to postpone a little portrait session down the road today. I shall be back again next week - honest!  With yellow bag too.

In the meantime visit Barefoot Crofter. I will.


2 comments:

gz said...

Say hello to Barefoot Crofter for me...and look after yourself!

It doesn't matter which bag, the cameras are still just as heavy...

Martina said...

Ah yes. _THAT_ problem.
I use a bike rucksack and put the camera in some neoprene thingie with velcro fasteners. Bah, had to look up all these words in the dictionary and then they are almost the same as in German.
And am still looking for the right bag ...
Have a wonderful 2013! I am still reading every day, even not saying much, I know!