Thursday, January 10, 2013

Perhaps I need some colour while the winter is here and dullness abounds - although yesterday wasn't too bad really. But apart from that...

Winter. As it is sometimes. A lot of the times.

I don't 'do' colour - just like I don't 'do' landscapes. In that I do do it but not much, under protest and with less panache than one would expect. Only, when the weather is dull - like it wasn't yesterday when Mr Toots and I strolled a bit cameras in hand - sometimes one is tempted to insert some colour into the situation. There is some lovely Lucky200 colour film lurking in the fridge somewhere but, as often as not, I load the colour film and then lose enthusiasm for it. I think perhaps there is some film of that type in the UWS but, that has not controls so is not ideal when the sun never seems to rise. Now, I just don't know what to do.

Maybe it's time for a blue cyanotype - the one I have been planning to do for ages but never got round to. I shall rest on it - when I can ever manage to sleep that is!

No comments: