Monday, April 01, 2013

Did I say 'a wall'? Maybe I should have said geo-art piece in a wild place.

That's the sort of thing this is.


I mean, eat your heart out Andy Goldsworthy. This lot got to do this ages ago. Perhaps nearly 100 years ago according to the Bodoch who was sat in his car in a village nearby listening [on a Sunday no less ] to Gaelic music. Although I had as much difficulty understanding his accent as he did mine. It might have been that he was 100 years old.  He had a nice doggie though - wagged his tail at me and bared his teeth for good measure.

Look at that! Eh?
What a lovely wall describing itself across the rough landscape like something,,,, like a boundary wall perhaps. It is a boundary wall mind you so I suppose that's why it reminds me of one. I'm so excited about this wall, I might just drag out the presentation a bit till you get all over-excited too. Only, there's something odd about the tonal values. [that's a technical term which I really don't understand but I use when the negs look odd - as these do].



Eve really enjoyed the stroll too. Sat here all contented, dipping into the bag with The Sandwiches and The Green Tea. Beaches of white sand just behind the dunes in the background. Lovely.


Eve was just up the way from this bit of orphan wall. Not sure if it was originally part of The Wall, but it's nearby so gets a mention from me.

It's no wonder the moors are burning a lot at the mo, we haven't had any rain for two weeks and the ground is so very dry.

2 comments:

Keith said...

Really nice landscapes . .

Keith

mbt said...

and to round it off -we love dry stone walls, sadly we see too few of them at sea...but then again..