Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The rain in Stornoway falls mainly on the ground. Except when it doesn't

Only it has been raining a lot of late. Today for example while the English [and the rest of Europe ] are basking in glorious sunshine.

Coming back from the wet-plate thingy, work was a little slow so after I had polished my miscreant-wrestling-to-the-ground-gear, I ventured to the darkish room to develop a film - as one does. Only, whilst


in there I found this neg lurking. Not sure when I took it, probably with the Perkeo but I was so impressed by it I had to print the thing - then tone it. To be honest I thought the neg was of Venice at first - you know with a sunken Gondalabraist in the middle with his little hat sticking out the water [you can see that can't you. If you squint a bit and all] but then it emerged in print form on Kentmere Select VC as Stornoway. Such is life!

It is,  as you might imagine, a masterpiece.




No comments: