Thursday, September 05, 2013

Carl


Every now and again I try and sort through my camera / photo cupboard at the top of the main stairs in the west wing. This time I found to my astonishment that there was still a film in the old Kiev4a the late Monty had given me years ago. The film I'd marked on some tape on the back of the camera [foma400@1600] so a least I knew what to do with it.

The trouble with Kiev cameras is the trouble you get with Keiv cameras. Often something wrong or fallen off - light-leaks, shutter up the creek or, in the case of my fav one - a jammed Jupiter12 lens on it. Well, this one had a jupiter8 although the film rewind release button was gone. I shot off he last couple of frames, took the film out in the darkbag sloshed it in some Rodinal and found, among other snaps, this nice HCB-esque picture of Carl who had come over for a quick visit.

Now this intrigued me a little since I sort of remembered the image - even though I hadn't even developed the thing before. So I looked through the blog and there he is - all snapped up with a Zorki6.

Carl is a photographiser too. See his work here.

No comments: