Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Island Rocket


The islands have already been in the media with Rockets when the Rocket Post film took the world or at least Swindon by a storm. It's about a rocket and the post it didn't carry. Most notable moment in the film is the appearance of The Artist formerly known as Jon Macleod as a submarine commander looking dapper in his long leather coat. It's worth watching the film just for that moment.  [and while you about it, look for An Lanntair supremo Roddy Murray in the wonderful film Local Hero playing in the ceilidh band - a rather smaller part than his former band-mate Peter Capaldi who played one of the leading parts.].

I was out strolling in the sunshine when I came upon Tolsta's own rocket testing area. I pointed the Kiev 60 at it and shot before I changed my mind. I'm glad I didn't.

No doubt some poor unsuspecting sheeps will be the first being in space from this village.

No comments: