Tuesday, April 01, 2014

There is going to be a bit of a change ahead


Here we are; our new blow-up toy. Next to the solidish floaty one - on the blow-up ones left that is. So now we move ahead with our plans to live afloat and eschew all that is land-based and what have you. Summer up here in the Isles and winter, well, up here in the Isles for the moment too. We do realise we need a little experience before sailing to Cuba or even Ullapool - as if anyone wants to go there, but soon the world will be our lobster as the saying goes.



Yes, I have figured a way to rig up a darkish room on the bigger boatee thing. It might mean HHHCB has to live on the blow-up toy but never mind, photographs come first and all that.
We are most grateful to our lovely pals Paul and Ellen Hunter [OBE] who furnished us with the blow-up tub with, and here I was touched, an accompanying motorised paddling device. Once we get it going again. Never mind, the big boatee has a motorised paddling device as well as big blanket things you hang from a tall pole on the boat to make it go forward pointed around by a lovely wooden and soon to be polished steering stick.

I have decided to take just 35mm cameras with me so will be giving away all my other stuff before we go. 

It's going to be a big change but a life afirming and interesting one. We will endeavour to keep you informed of our whereabouts.

In the meantime check out our sailing friends site here.

4 comments:

Keith said...

OMG . . .

You'll need a satellite dish to stay in contact

steve said...

What will become of your lovely blog?

GB said...

Oh well. The world is a very small place these days. What a trite piece of nonsense that is. It may be small for me living as I do at two opposing points of it, But then I know where I am. So does my phone and anyone who can 'see' it. Bobbing around in a Very Small Wooden Thingy seems a rather precarious occupation to me. I know eschewing 'stuff' is good for what people call the soul but to get rid of quarter plates and all that seems a bit OTT. I'm back in the Land of the Scots in May. Hopefully you won't have sailed away by then.

Mr Trellis said...

Go for it, I really miss being at sea. If you need a 'deck boy'...........