Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sorry, did I say 'holiday'?

We have been away. Away from the island and all that. Ferries, driving and what have you. Visiting family, an old work-place, a Gug, watching a bicycle race and seeing peeps I used to work with. Is that a holiday? One thing I do know for sure, I wasn't on 'vacation' ! Eh? Where did that expression come from anyway?

There we were, slumming it up some mountainside trying to escape the over-hot air, looking for cyclists passing - fast, uphill. The bend looked a good spot. Could see all down the mountainside till, the bits you couldn't see. Saw up the mountain too since we were only half way up. Away from all the lunatics who wear silly wigs and run along side the fast pedalling cyclists and all that. Of course we had the outfits but not the energy!

I then saw these deckchairs come out being carried by a be-sandaled man, with hat. Could only be English - and they were. The very nice John and Denise who came up on the hill from their lovely wee hoosey in the mountains to see if they could spot racing cyclists too. As to who the other chap was, no idea.

Of course I pointed a Bronica at them. Why shouldn't I? I had film in it too - Foma400 as it happened, now soaked in Rodinal and stuff.







No comments: