Sunday, December 14, 2014

Books with snaps [or Schnapps!]


My dearest Eve, here inspecting The Croft of The Crofter a while ago.  Sheeps, tractors - they are all there printed on this darkroom print thing. Nice eh? I like it anyway.

Eve was hoping to get me a small photo book for the festive season [other seasons are available] but as yet I have yet to come up with something that tickles my fancy. I mean, you know my likes, my proclivities and my foibles - possibly - so can I have a suggestion or three please?

2 comments:

John said...

A classic (unless you have an original) - the reprint of The Decisive Moment by HCB.

Although you don't do landscapes this is a book I wish I had bought - Here Far Away by Pentti Sammallaliti.

Seacoal by Chris Killip

On A Wet Bough by Anderson Staley. This is a book of Tintype portraits.

Unfortunatley the Beyond Words website is down at the moment so I can't give links. Oops, that's 4 suggestions.

Bosse said...

Impressed by Light: British Photographs from Paper Negatives, 1840-1860 is stunning and often possible to find at a good price.