Thursday, September 28, 2017

Vuelta

I may have mentioned our little sojourn in foreign places - notably Asturias recently. We go to such places to track down pals from times past and to drink in the atmosphere - and the cider - from the race around Spain. We are always wasted when we get back but buoyed by meeting such lovely peeps such as Rod Ellingworth here. I'm afraid Eve was so excited she made a weird face but you get the idea. Known the fella for years from when I worked at the velodrome in Manchester. Now he's married to another great friend of mine, the lovely Jane Carter - and, has two coming on three beautiful children. Oh, twas so very lovely to see him again. David B - for those who know who I mean, stayed  on the bus since the Daily Smell [Mail] was sniffing around that day!

Then we met up with the equally lovely Adam Bythe - a professional cyclist for the Irish Aquablue team - actually riding the event, the Tour of Spain. Now, Adam and I go back a year or two when Adam was a mere young thing at the Velodrome with his pal Ben Swift. He was lovely then and even lovelier now - with a partner and a young son. How good is that! So proud of him I might say and pleased he still remembers me !


Still star struck, Eve smiled sweetly this time.

As I write this, last Sunday, I'm watching the World Cycling Champs in Bergen - and Adam is riding there too.

The snaps were taken on the excellent Bergger 400 developed in IID11. Love the film and would use it lot if I could afford it!

No comments: