Sunday, October 01, 2017

Films

I'm a tart.
A film tart anyway.
Love different types of films and have used loads - all badly.

Now, I can hear you asking what are my favourites. Eh?

Well, I loved Era100 - a Chinese film available at one time very cheaply yet it was wonderful. It's all gone.

And I love Polypan-f - a cine copy film from goodness knows where. Love it for longer exposure images - developed in PQ print developer. No longer made. Sorry. Luckily I have a few hundred metres of the stuff awaiting my attention. I shot it in Spain at the Vuelta - like this shot of a Bianchist 


Shanghai GP3 used to be good and very cheap 120 Chinese film. Then it went awful and now no longer made thank goodness!


Fomapan films. Love them and are my go-to films since they are reasonably priced and, igood quality. My fav is foma200 but foma 400@200 is pretty decent too. And foma100 when I use it is superb.

Ilford. All excellent films but generally I can't justify the cost :-(

Kodak, only really got on with Tmax 400.
Adox. I'll use them.

Colour; rarely.

Basically, if it's a film and it works- after a fashion, I'll use it.



No comments: