Thursday, August 23, 2018

Away then back



Yes, yes we're back home. I had to have a quick jaunt down the islands to give an ankle bracelet to some miscreant or other but now I'm back too. We've been away you see, but, and I'll warn you now, I didn't take too many snaps for some reason.

We did ride our bikes I'll have you know but not without me having to attend the A&E in Perth after some less than artistic falling off in Kinross' Krirkgate park on a lovely flat trail. It had a corner though !! Flippin pedal thing I have on the old Kona MTB has spd on one side of the pedal and the old rat-trap on tother. It was that rat-trap side that scooped out a lump off me leg - through my cycling leggins. Quite sore I can tell you - it makes you so proud to have a great NHS here in the UK who happily nailed the skin back in place and wrapped it nicely.

The leg still worked though so when we got to Yorkshire - Eve's family place - via Newcastle, the Baltic and the Side - gallery - the bikes came out again for an airing on the Sustrans routes of the area. Just lovely.

No comments: