Sunday, September 30, 2018

My camera

My favourite camera of the year is my OM1n - given to me by my kind little sister. It's small, fab and fabulous. Basically it's superb but age got the better of it so it's been CLA'd in Bristol recently and should be back with me soon [it is- Ed.] - if the rough weather abates somewhat and the ferries start running again.

In the meantime I have been using whatever camera comes to hand and sometimes one surprises oneself at the images one can get from something old heavy and basic. I'm talking about the Zorki6 with Industar 61 lens. I'd had it loaded with Foma400 grainy film and shot this snap wide open at f2.8 then sloshed the film in Atomal 49. It is, apart from being of Mr Toots again surprisingly sharp. I might have to use this combination again soon.



No comments: