Monday, November 12, 2018

Camera swopsies


Mr Toots, my camera pal enticed me out for a look see at a wee hoosie for a pal on the mainland. But for some reason I had the inclination to swop camera for the day - he shooting with my Hassie 500cm [with 50mm lens] and I with his Mamiya c330.

To be honest neither of us got on well with the cameras. I found the Mamiya somewhat awkward.  I mean it's nice enough camera but I just wasn't used to it's foibles. The taking lens had a filter on it yet no lens shade so in the unforgiving autumn sunshine we enjoyed, I experienced some flare issues. Toots found the Hassie - awkward as well - especially if you forgot to take the darkslide out.


Still, the day was fine and we re-fuelled at Callanish stones visitor centre [coffee and scone since you ask] and had a mighty fine day.

Obviously Toots whinged, and I complained but that's normal isn't it?

No comments: