Tuesday, February 11, 2020

a flowery thing


See. A tulip thing. Red and white. In black and white with a touch of brown.
I was playing in the Warming Room, next to the Raeburn as the wind howled and the rain lashed outside. Using some old Ilford RC as a neg and developed in the darkroom [via outside] . Here above shown as a digitally inverted and slightly coloured positive.

Not the usual view of a tulip I must say. Not sure John Blakemore would approve. I was using the FKD 'camera' that came via a good pal in Azerbaijan. It has no shutter, no anything much and mine is held together with elastic bands and gaffer tape. I stuck a 2x close-up lens over the lens to get closer and to be honest, I rather like the effect.

The neg is almost as nice - below.






2 comments:

gz said...

Strong weather gives you time to experiment... that's good.
Interesting images

Michael McNeill said...

I think Blakemore would be Wel Jeal. I am! Love it.