Thursday, September 10, 2020

Minolta A3

 


Some while back in a moment when I briefly felt rather flush with spondoolies, I spent a few groats on an old camera made in the year of my birth. It's a Minolta - which I rather  like because perhaps it was the make of my first proper camera. This one is a rangefinder camera - an A3 to be precise.  It's a lovely looking thing and feels lovely in the hand. However, for taking snaps it's not brilliant.

Being manual, one has the faff of checking the exposure all thee time and, the lens, while sharp doesn't really like the light. It flares like a seventies hippy's trouser leg. So taking a leaf out of James Ravilious' book, I got out the gaffer tape and closed down the front of the lens hood to an oblong shape. Typically, I overdid it and the image is a bit compromised.




I took the camera all the same on a little stroll we had at the back of the village after a rather exciting TDF stage on the pooter. I love this stroll - mainly because I have only ever seen one other person up there - collecting their cut peats with an old  Tractor.

No comments: