Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Another portrait

 


Yes, on film but heavily cropped and a bit manipulated on the pooter. I like it though.

In other 'news' I am feeling rather pessimistic about the way we [and I mean all of us] live our lives. They way we are is destroying the only place we have - this biosphere. Climate change is real and is affecting the earth hugely but we are unable or unwilling to change our lives to try and help somewhat. It doesn't help that we are battling a seriously flawed economic system that encourages over-consumption. We are living well beyond our means and I really fear for the people that come after us old-uns.

What with the on-going pandemic and now the crash-fest that has been the Tour de France bike race - another completely environmentally unsustainable and indulgent sporting event [which I admit to loving to watch] I am feeling a bit in despair.



1 comment:

gz said...

We just have to do our bit.