Monday, August 02, 2021

Down in the Uists


 

I used to go this way for work but now I've retired and the covid thing has happened I have not been off this island for a year. I don't mind  since this place is lovely even with the tourists here.

My energies collected for a few days we, that is Eve and I took off in the car down to Uig area some 35miles away. Feels like a different planet to our village but a lovely planet all the same. The old church down there was where we were heading to see a fine exhibition as it turned out called Exposure curated by Kirsty Law. Twas sound, photos and paintings in that wonderful space run by Andy Laffan.

We circumnavigated the space enjoying the enveloping sounds of a Isle of Jura landscape with evocative imagery to caress the eyes. Then we sat with Mr Laffan on the comfortable chairs whilst sipping freshly made coffee and putting the world to right.

I do hope it feels a better world today.

1 comment:

gz said...

Good to be able to travel there when you don't have to.
A good visit