Tuesday, November 02, 2021

Dilworth


 

No, of course I don't know anything about this snap. I just take the snaps. On second look it seems there is someone dancing with a tree  which is par for the course up this neck of the woods.

An Lanntair arts centre had another fine Faclan book festival last week. We are still wary of closed in spaces despite having been over jabbed like a well worn pin cushion but we enjoyed a fine film about the Sculpturist Steve Dilworth of this parish [well, Harris actually but you get the idea]. I have had the pleasure of meeting Mr Dilworth some time back and I do really like the work too. Not sure I understand it but there you are. The pieces in the main look easy to dust anyway.

I have it in mind that Steve was reading a letter from Beethoven [not to Steve I might add] at a concert in his son-in-laws studio by the red note ensemble who played all of Mr Beethoven's string quartets. over a few nights a day or two back. Lovely evenings too.

Anyway, there was a talk and a Q&A session after the film. Talk with illustrations of 'works' was fab but the Q&A passed me by  a bit as "the old girl is going a tad deaf these days".


No comments: