Sunday, October 23, 2022

Bowls again

 


Played big marbles again with the crowd from another island adjacent to this one - somewhat smaller island but really lovely as are the people there. It is I'm informed the thirty fourth largest island in Scotland so not small at all. Has a new bridge to it too as the old one which was the first pre-stressed concrete one in Europe started falling apart - probably on account of all the bowls being carried back and forth across it over the years.

Of course we played indoors on carpets laid out in the community hall in their capital. The hall floor could be used for crazy golf with any additions at all as the 'lines' the bowls took were rather unfathomable. My bowls especially. Having said that, my bowls partner [Irene] and I won our match, drunk the tea and ate the biscuits. The other players had tea and biscuits too - it wasn't all one-sided.

The snap about is not of the bowls. I mean, I took a camera but it didn't get used. The snap is from somewhere and I cannot remember where.

1 comment:

gz said...

Baby girl bakery??