Thursday, June 15, 2023

back then in Londinium

 


Back when I worked for a living and Londinium was my home for a while, I remember seeing the gentleman with a sandwich board strolling up and down Oxford Street declaiming "The End is nigh". He was wrong of course - proof is that I'm here today - albeit a few miles away in the Outer Hebrides. Only, the way things are going he is going to be right in some way soon.  [unless we will be eventually cleared for the proposed intergalactic bypass]

Granted the earth will survive but not as that comfortable place that humans have inhabited and gradually messed up over millennia. 

No need to repeat here the myriad of issues that are accruing atm. I do really despair. And yes before you say, of course i am just as responsible as most people. 

So sorry.

No comments: