Thursday, August 10, 2023

whot this blog should be about

 Snaps and cameras, and films and [usually] ghastly chemicals. 

Having said that, I went to a petite gatheration at Island Darkroom the other night for a fascinating talk by Jesse from South Africa on developing films and prints using plants and the like from the island.

Anyway, despite endlessly telling you about this here island and some of it's going on, I might remind you I am still using old film cameras. Sometimes they work too.

This 'marvellous' image was taken just down the road a few meters. The camera was made in the year of my birth 1955 tickled back to life by Black on white of Bristol. I like the camera and it works well despite my efforts to muck it up..

The film was foma200 and the developer good old rodinal.



No comments: