Sunday, February 11, 2024

people on film

 


Young Chris Hoy before he was knighted, before he had won many medals. At Manchester Velodrome back in the day.



Meanwhile, Jeremy Guscott from my home town was at the velodrome to ride this here old bike for a tv programme - I can't remember which one. Anyway, Mr Guscott, who is a most delightful chap like Sir Chris, took the bike onto the velodrome car-park to have more room to ride.

I took a lot of snaps during my time working at the velodrome in between the cycling, the TV stuff that happened there and the cups of tea. I might add here that I do have a Blue Peter badge from this time as Sir Chris has !

2 comments:

Graham Edwards said...

Interesting. I came across a lot of penny farthings in New Zealand but I never had the courage to try one. Now I have to pluck up courage to get on my wee electric bike.

Harvey said...

Wow! So cool that you kept your first bike. I wish I had hung on to a bunch of stuff from when I was younger but… Ah, wait, that’s not, is it… oh I think that’s the doorbell, must dash 😉