Wednesday, March 06, 2024

Opera


 

The Scottish opera came to Stormoway recently and we, that's Eve and I went along. Lovely evening though the story was hard to follow unless one had a babelfish stuck in one ear as it was variously in English, French, German and Russian. 

I suspect it was a take on local politics but who could tell?

We are off to an exhibition opening as I write over on the west side, the other side of this island. Snaps, writings and drawings - so lots to look forward too. I shall report back in good time.

2 comments:

Harvey said...

Ahh, the high arts, there to be appreciated rather than understood, I think. Interesting concept that babelfish may be able to explain politics. When I hear any Tory I have an urge to stick a mackerel in each ear.

Andrea Ingram said...

wise move Harvey