Thursday, April 11, 2024

conflicted


 

We got off the bus because it looked like it might be an interesting place. It wasn't that interesting to be honest so we sat on the pavement till the next bus appeared; then we got off by a harbour full of gin palaces and yahoo Henriettas and a welcome cafe - once we had negotiated the extensive road works. such are the delights of the last day abroad place when you have run out of energy and drive. I mean, me on a tourist bus? I'm from Bath-Spa and quite the better class of snob don't you know.

It's peeing with rain atm. Tis cold and windy. I did enjoy a short stroll to the crofters this morning to take some greens for the wee animules of which they have plenty.

Now, as I write this on wednesday I am trying to decide whether to go to indoor bowls in Stormoway or  else stay home and watch the many bike races that are happening and being broadcast. Mmm, now what to do?


1 comment:

Harvey said...

Ah, the last day of a holiday, which is basically the start of the wait to go home. A harbour café sounds like the right spot to while a way.