Sunday, October 03, 2010

Plates





I've been playing with glass plates again. I have a stash of unused plates of various vintages to shoot - although they are very old so sensitivety and devlopment is mainly guesswork. Steve Smith of the Isle of Wight has very kindly sent me a 4x5 plate holder so I'll be shooting soonish.
Anyway, today while sorting out the darkishroom, I found a box of Royal Standard exposed plates [made in around 1910 by Cadett & Neail Ltd, Wealdstone, Middlesex and maybe exposed 1920?] . Have scanned them and here they are. Know them?

No idea where I acquired these plates but I love them and as soon as I sort the darkroom I'll print them.

2 comments:

Dom said...

Those old photographs are amazing... great quality considering how old they are.

Panagiotis Giannakis said...

A couple of weeks ago i found a small box with 6 glass plates in a car boot sale. The lady asked £5 for that. I told her that i will return to buy them later and i completely forgot.
I go very often to car boot sales, maybe i will be able to find them again.