Sunday, June 26, 2011

Positive

Eve, nearly awake.

No, I have no idea how I did this!!! It's a Harman Direct Positive paper print [given to me by a very kind Coelyne of the Colin type] as it happens. I shot it this morning after a couple of dry-runs when I loaded the wrong [and unloaded] darkslide :-( . Still, I think this paper was pre-flashed quite a lot, then exposed for about 30secs in the low light of the kitchen in the FKD beast 13x18 'camera'. I then sloshed it in weak Bromophen - but nothing much happened so I strengthened the developer a bit. Then it came up, then went all over sort of grey. In a case like this there's nothing to lose by chucking it some beach then sepia - and I glad i did because I really like the effect. 
Can I do it again?? Ask me in a week.

1 comment:

Mr Leica Man said...

Mmmm... Very interesting effect. I kinda like it too. I don't suppose Mr Coelyn happened to mention how he was getting on with the Leica?? Not that I'm missing it or anything - you know - just asking...