Wednesday, August 17, 2011

All without the matches

The Cragro Photographic Collective [me] can now present a new direction in my photographic journey to goodness knows where. Not even sure where it's coming from actually.

Since I was feeling a bit flush I lashed out and bought myself a new camera. Well, I bought the bits for one anyway. A matchbox. Plus a lot of gaffer tape I had around the place, and a little bit of tin-foil. I did some less than brilliant manufacturing like so and soon I had a matchbox pinhole camera - without the matches and with film loaded. How good is that??? Eat your heart out Leica lovers, Mamiya musers etc etc..............

I must admit I have not QUITE got the exposures right and there's a lovely little light leak but hey, it's early days yet. I shall be onto my first wedding shoot in no time :-)

Anyway, her's my first shots from this delicious little camera.


 Self-portrait in the Summer Parlour.

Tolsta Boys

5 comments:

gz said...

going back to basics with any process can give better understanding

Mr Leica Man said...

Excellent. Well done. I like the results very much.

Mike said...

That's inspiring work. I don't have the patience for matchboxes, but I'm going to put some film in my plasticam pinhole tomorrow.

Iain said...

These have splendid atmospheric 'period' look to them - they almost challenge my own attempts with a digi thingy! Though I also have an old Canon SLR for best and an ancient bellowy thing (somewhere in Sweden) which was my father's. Hope summer is still with you in the Hebs.

sam brightwell said...

ooo shivers! I love these pictures! pinhole is right up my street. look forward to seeing more.