Sunday, August 21, 2011

Kiev madness

 Toots Wilson looking pleased with himself

Stump

I have the old klunker of a kamera from the Ukraine called a Kiev 6c. Or it might be a Kiev 60 - I never really worked it out. I had both acquired from a chum on trips to the former Soviet states and from goodness knows where. One packed in completely and i was left with the other one which works. Almost. I'd pretty much given up on it since its a lump and let in light when it shouldn't. Only, my beloved kowa6 is at the Dr so I took a look at the old Soviet bloc kamera again and tried to figure out what was wrong. I poked around with the shutter curtain a bit since that seemed to be where the light leak was. And in the process seemed to make it worse. I gave up again then a few weeks later gave it a last chance to prove itself. and it seems I may have the solved the issue - for the time being at least. How did I do that? So, here for your delectation are some snaps from that Kamera on Chinese gp3 film.

Oh, and I'm still playing with the matchbox pinhole.

 Another matchbox pinhole from the Wilsonian Institute

 A Wilsonian cake stand 

Pinholed Ziggy
Now I'm looking forward to seeing Mr Leica for coffee on Monday :-)

5 comments:

gz said...

Is there a way of working out what could be in focus with the pinhole camera?

Andrea Ingram said...

Well, there is - if you want the thing in focus :-)

Mr Leica Man said...

Yes, I was led to believe that with the minuscule aperture of a pinhole everything from 0 to infinity will be in focus. Unless, that is, you are Andrea and have a cunning knack of making art out of the 'slightly off focus'!

Lovely pics once again.

Coffee? Yes please!

gz said...

:-)

Iain said...

Those pinhole pix really are great. Real periody, atmospheric texture to them.