Friday, December 06, 2013

More byke and again with essence of silver.



See, I do print from tyme to tyme. Got carried away with the 5 filter as I rather like the effect. Cropped 6x6 neg that had been over-developed. Isn't that the way to do it?

Of course I have been mesmerised with the work of  Daido Moriyama who used his point and shoot film cameras to good effect. And I just love Michael Ackerman's work too. If these fellas can use contrast to good effect, I can try can't I?

Granted I haven't got the style, the composition, the subject matter or the skill, but I do have the contrast.

3 comments:

Andy said...

I have been a fan of the 'Provoke Movement' photographers since I discovered them on a visit to Japan in 1969. Have quite a collection of the books now.

Pin sharp and shadow detail are overrated - leaves nothing for the imagination.

Andrea Ingram said...

Thanks Mr Trellis. I'd never heard of that lot. Will explore :-)

Andy said...

Have you tried Igor Posner? http://igorposner.net/