Friday, January 08, 2016

Darkish room

I have been printing, along with Mr Toots in his finely appointed darkish room. The other day you understand. When I wrote this just after I got back home. Not today - whenever today is! Got me?

We printed a couple of 4x5 negs Mr Toots had recently exposed AND developed within a year. I chose a fine neg and split grade printed it onto new Kentmere VC. Lovely job too. Just need to lightly sepia tone the darker print and Murdo is me uncle. I could get used to that!

Never printed a 4x5 negs before and it's mighty difficult to focus the thing using the grain focuser - at the size we were printing. The results were almost grainless.

Mr Toots chose another neg and we tried to print that but my infallible technique let me down a bit and we had to resort to dodging a bit. Good fun but I had to rush - potatoes were required in oven at home.

No, this snap wasn't one of the prints. This is one of my captures from a recent dash around the island with The Visitors. Ness and all that.


2 comments:

gz said...

That was a grand day out...going North and West...
Look forward to seeing the latest work....

Michael McNeill said...

Yes, we like our spuds, too. Sounds like a perfect day.