Thursday, February 01, 2018

Edinburgh


Leith, near Edinburgh is where we stayed and right nice it is too. They have crossing places where, if you push a little button properly, the traffic lights change colour and sometimes you see a green man light up. You can cross then. I did, since I seem to have a proper knack of pushing the buttons - at least for the first day anyway. No sheeps though. Funny that. All them people with money to waste and not one of them I could see had a sheeps.

Yes, I took some snaps while I was there. This is one of them. Even looks like Edinburgh though I doubt it was in Princes Street - that's a main street there - you can see a castle from there and everything. 

Took tea at the Portrait Gallery while we were there, lunch at the Museum of Modern Art. Saw some mighty fine arty things too. I so love the Portrait gallery and the expo When we were young was well worth a visit as is the BP portrait prize thing, and I might add, the Modern Portrait. The cafe at the modern Art place is exceptional - salads to die for. and plenty of interesting arty things to contemplate too.

Ooh, and we saw the Turner January exhibition at the National. 

1 comment:

gz said...

pleased you had a lovely time...we don't do enough exhibitions