Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Do you know this man?

 


I know this lovely man. It's William and he lives in a lovely place by the sea with his equally lovely wife Gemma. You might have met William here before. He appears from time to time. I love this man but sadly he is not quite at his best these days.

Bill and I worked together for a few years rushing round the island at night, tangling wires and balancing arials as we sought to wire the island's miscreants up. I mean, we were trying to set up monitoring of said peeps  although not without hassle.

It didn't always work - the locality and the landscape often getting in the way of a developing technology. The peeps were sometimes less than lucid or cooperative although I have to say most were friendly.  We had fun though. Mostly. 

William stopped working the job some years ago while I slogged on with new technology with the help of my other colleague Alex

We stay in touch - and why wouldn't you? Such a lovely man.



1 comment:

Graham Edwards said...

As you said, Bill, is a lovely man. For such a former dynamo of a man his present situation is all the sadder.