Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Lucky

 


I am so very lucky to have wonderful people in  my life. Not least my wife of 14 years Evelyn whom I love so very much. But there's also people like Derek and his lovely wife Caroline. 

Derek and I were both in the dental trade back in the day - in Bath our home town. I hated the business and got out after 20 years but Derek prospered in the trade and ended up in Cheltenham area.  Luckily for me we have stayed in touch and so, when I heard they were up in the Skye area recently, we popped over on the ferry from Harris to see them. So pleased we did. Lovely to see them again.

I have been looking at portraits again - photographed and painted. I'm particularly drawn to the work of HCB in this regards. I keep his work in the mind as I compose my own less then brilliant snaps.


No comments: