Thursday, April 08, 2021

I found something behind the yellow door.

 


The yellow door in question was the darkroom door. Not the front, back or potting shed door which are all yellow. The paint on the parlour is yellow as are the whites of my eyes sometimes. I like yellow. I 'advised' Eve - correctly as it happens - to have her new bike yellow. 

But I was fumbling around in the gloaming of the darkishroom and found a packet of Tetenal C41 - that's colour film developer lurking in the dark recesses. Since there was nothing living behind the packet, I extracted it from the dust and immediately thought of the 35mm colour film I had exposed some time back but then promptly laid to one side. I'm not so keen on colour snaps. I'm even more rubbish at colour than I am at B&W and I don't seem to have got a handle on the digital scanning and processing of the colour stuff. 

Take this snap - of , of a chap [possibly Donald Four Tractors] near The Croft doon the road with his digger. The colour is wrong and not even wrong in a good way. My pooter programme of choice for editing had for a long time been Serif starter editor then for the last four years Serif X8. They were good and I got used to their ways although not in a way I could find nice colour. So when the X8 started or stopped responding properly I splashed out £20 on the latest Serif thing. Only it works so very differently I am practically lost. Rather wish I hadn't got it now. At least I still have an excuse with the colour stuff.

No comments: